How-to guide: publisher integration of the ID5 ID via Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Connections Marketplace
- Posted by Alex Taylor
- On May 26, 2022
To shed some light on the publisher integration process with ID5, whilst also commemorating the one-year anniversary since ID5 ID was added to the Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Connections Marketplace, we decided to put together a series of blog posts to explain exactly how publishers can integrate the ID5 ID via different distribution platforms.
We have all heard about the new era of digital advertising time and time again: today, traditional identifiers are unavailable in many environments and this is only increasing. Thus, publishers are putting matters into their own hands, and are looking to implement more efficient solutions and tools to continue monetizing their inventory in order to provide their visitors with valuable content and services.
One solution that many savvy publishers are opting for is the ID5 ID, a next-generation universal identifier. Why? The privacy-first ID5 ID empowers publishers to improve audience addressability and grow sustainable revenue across all environments without reliance on traditional identifiers.
When it comes to integrating identity solutions, the migration process can be a confusing and daunting task. At ID5, we want to give the publisher all the knowledge and support they need to make this journey as smooth and straightforward as possible.
Some different distribution platforms include include Amazon Publisher Services, Google ESP, Prebid, PubMatic’s IdentityHub, and Smart.
Today, we kick the series off with Amazon APS, the leading suite of cloud services that helps publishers build, monetize, and grow their digital media business. Read below for a step-by-step guide on how to integrate the ID5 ID via Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Connections Marketplace.
Integrating the ID5 ID via APS Connections Marketplace
1. Log into your APS account and navigate to the APS Connections Marketplace Tab
2. Select the vendor that you wish to connect with (ID5) and click “Get Started”
3. Select if you are a new or existing customer of ID5 and enter your contact details
5. Click submit and you will receive an email confirming your integration through CxM is live
- This email will contain important details about your integration including contact details for the ID5 team and how to best optimize your ID5 connection
Why integrate the ID5 ID?
This integration leads to a whole host of benefits for publishers, empowering them with:
- Increased bid density and higher win rates, leading to better monetization of traffic in environments where third-party cookies are not available
- Privacy-by-design technology that respects and enforces privacy in the advertising value chain
- Encryption mechanism ensuring that ID5 IDs are only shared with authorized partners
- Suitability for all web publishers regardless of the size of their authenticated audience
For more information visit our APS page. We also have a dedicated publisher team who can answer any questions you might have, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next up: How to guide: publisher integration of the ID5 ID via Google ESP