How the Changing Privacy Landscape is Affecting Digital Advertising – Identity 2023
- Posted by Alex Taylor
- On Mar 10, 2023
Session five from our flagship event, Identity 2023, was ‘How the Changing Privacy Landscape is Affecting Digital Advertising’ by MediaMath, featuring a fireside chat between MediaMath’s Chief Privacy Officer, Fiona-Campbell Webster and our SVP, Sales & Business Development, Joseph Quaglia.
As the CPO for MediaMath, Fiona Campbell-Webster is an expert on privacy regulation including GDPR, CCPA, and other standards being discussed and debated by our industry. Fiona has worked in law for various technology companies in the US and Europe for over 12 years, with a focus on ad tech and privacy. During this session, she answers questions put forward in advance by our audience regarding the changing privacy landscape and how it is affecting the digital advertising industry.
If you missed ‘How the Changing Privacy Landscape is Affecting Digital Advertising’ or want to revisit it, you can click below to access it on-demand now.
What can you expect from the discussion? Highlights and key themes include:
- What is top-of-mind in the 2023 privacy conversation that wasn’t top-of-mind in 2022?
- What can the US learn from Europe’s roll-out of GDPR several years ago from both a business and consumer perspective?
- With many US states rolling out their own regulations, should we be tailoring our businesses and solutions to each individual state law?
- What data privacy issue is not getting enough attention?
- How can digital advertisers better prioritize consumer privacy?
- What does the future hold for consumer protection and alternative targeting solutions?
And if you’re looking for more from the event, stay tuned for the publication of all eight sessions in the coming weeks. As a recap, this year’s event produced eight thought-provoking sessions brought to you by leaders from across the industry as our event partners, such as Amobee, MediaMath, PubMatic, Sovrn, Unruly and Verve Group. Session topics include balancing data protection and data-driven advertising, the link between addressability and profitability, the importance of interoperability, a changing privacy landscape, the evolving role of the SSP, how publishers can fill the identity gap, the mobile environment and what the future holds for identity.